Safety and goodwill are the key words as soon as you get into the water. And to make sure that you get the most pleasure out of a session without taking risks, nothing is more effective than picking waves at your own level and avoiding a crowded spot when possible.
THE 10 COMMANDMENTS
1. Respect swimming/bathing areas.
2. First improve in the foam or small waves.
3. Ride a foam board.
4. Avoid the shore break at high tide.
5. Skirt the surf zone to reach the peak.
6. Follow the basic rule of only one surfer per wave.
7. The surfer closest to the swell will have priority.
8. Never let go of your board when duckdiving.
9. Protect the beach environment.
10. Come in good spirits, and with respect.